What does it take to start a Family Gathering?
There are 5 Key Pieces:
- Group Leader & discussion facilitator
- a foster or adoptive parent who leads the charge for their area.
- Host Home
- preferably a non-foster or adoptive family willing to open their home once a month for families to come together.
- Volunteer Coordinator & Children's Program Volunteers
- individuals willing to serve once a month and follow the curriculum and activities provided so children can learn and heal.
- Catering Partner
- a local restaurant willing to provide a delicious, healthy meal to our families and volunteers.
- Church Partner
- a local church willing to sponsor the group and provide support and volunteers.
As more and more churches encourage families to step into orphan care, foster care, and adoption; many of them are not prepared or equipped to support these families after the fact.
Love Moves.Us is a different kind of nonprofit. Instead of seeking the church to meet our needs, we serve the church with a desire to meet the churches' needs.
After Jason & Cheryl Bentsen adopted their son, it sparked a desire to help other families navigate and afford their adoption. God used that desire and began to mold it and shape it into a vision for supporting families that answer the call to adopt or foster.
Our vision is anchored by the words of John, a disciple of Jesus, found in 1 John 3:18 “Dear children, let’s not merely say that we love each other; let us show the truth by our actions.”
Love Moves Us to:
- Move Families to Flourish
- Move Children to Connect
- Move People to Love