The world has changed. There are restrictions on everything. “Social distancing” is now common language. Wearing masks is the norm.
One thing has not changed.
You can still impact the lives of families who foster or adopt.
There is no doubt COVID-19 has affected the way Love Moves Us’ programs look, but families are still being impacted by our programs!
In the last 3 months donors have helped to:
- Reach a national audience through webinars!
- Impact hundreds of children by offering parents Virtual Family Gatherings to connect with other parents and learn valuable parenting skills.
- Encourage many families through the first Great Family Scattering scavenger hunt!
- Buy meals for families struggling during stay-at-home orders.
John & Stephanie became first-time foster parents during this pandemic, a move very few people have been willing to make during this pandemic. The need for families to open their doors to vulnerable children is overwhelming and will only get worse.
Just like other parents, they are wrestling with decisions for school and how to keep their children safe, but they are struggling with the ongoing need of specialized services for learning and therapy that require in-person meetings.
Lack of structure and routine, along with isolation is taking its toll on children and parents alike. Parents have become teachers, occupational therapists, reading specialists, physical therapists, emotional scaffolds and counselors and they need your support.
- Recruiting families to personally serve other families who foster or adopt.
- Meeting tangible needs like clothing, bedding, dressers, etc.
- Providing meals to families who take in new placements or are struggling.
- Offering unique gifts which benefit the child and the family.
The plan to meet these needs is through utilizing new technology. Research for solutions is still being done, but initial findings indicate $5,000 could provide a new texting platform and build an app which utilizes location-based notifications.
Listen, the greatest investment you can make is in the life of a child.
In August, if you choose to investment in vulnerable children, your gift will be matched!
Make a smart investment!
- All gifts in August will be matched!
- Make a new monthly partnership gift and it will be matched for 3 months!
Support for families who foster or adopt can't happen without your financial support.
Would you be willing to give a special gift of $25, $50, or $100?
If you become a monthly partner by giving $10, $25 or $100 a month, your gift will be matched for 3 months!
You can give here.
Thank you for partnering to make sure children and families find community, encouragement and support
Founder & President
TBRI Practitioner & ETC Parent Trainer