(because of COVID). I knew what they did for me before...
but, now, I REALLY miss them!"
Josh - Foster/Adoptive Dad
But the last 4 months may have been the most difficult. In Chicago, cold, gray skies and gloomy, freezing weather has made it even more challenging – especially when indoor spaces and gatherings are closed or limited in capacity.
Mental health services are in demand at an all-time high. Yet burnout and fatigue is making it difficult for professionals to meet demand.
It’s times like these you realize your need for connection. You realize that getting through difficult times requires community, encouragement and support.
While programs have shifted and changed over the last year, one thing has remained the same – LoveMoves.Us is providing community, encouragement and support for families who foster or adopt.
- The new online Practical Parenting Strategies is gaining momentum. Each week nearly 40 households from all over gather online to watch the 10 minute teaching and discuss the strategies they learned on Zoom.
- The Parenting Black Children panel discussion was our highest attended online event ever!
- Ten families are now being served and supported directly by a nearby, caring volunteer in their community through Families Serving Families.
- Three families got their tangible needs met within one hour through this incredible community!
- Generous donors have provided Lou Malnati’s pizzas, Snack Crates, and subscriptions, memberships and other fun gifts to encourage and support families!